- 1 lb broccoli, cut bite-size
- 1 lb sweet bell peppers, cut bite-size
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/2 lb egg noodles
- 1 pack instant cheese from mac n cheese box
- 1/2 lb ham, cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil water for making egg noodles. I chose these noodles because they don't get soggy upon reheating, which is how I serve most of my food. Regular pasta would likely be fine if you're serving everything immediately. Make egg noodles according to directions.
- Warm the Olive oil in a deep skillet. Once wavy, add in the onion and peppers. When they start to soften, add in the broccoli and ham. Cook until the onions and ham start to have a little brown on them. Add tomato cubes and cook until warmed through.
- When pasta finishes cooking, drain it and return it to the pot. Melt the butter or margarine in it, then add the milk. I added a little more milk than the mac n cheese box instructions to help the cheese cover the additional veggies and meat. Finally, add in the dried packet of instant cheese from the mac n cheese box. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour pasta into skillet to mix with the veggie mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.