7.30.2009

Chicken Pillows

I just served these to the missionaries and they seemed to think they were a big hit, so I thought I would post them on here. Plus, this is super easy, which is what I am always shooting for when it comes to dinner!

Ingredients:
- 4oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. fresh mushrooms (Can also use the "Green Giant" canned ones, that are sliced)
- 1 1/2 c. boiled chicken
- Parsley
- Dried Bread crumbs
- Pillsbury crescent rolls (8 rolls to a can)

In a medium bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth; add mushrooms, boiled chicken, salt, pepper, and parsley. Put about 3 tablespoons of mixture in the center of crescent roll; form into pillow (or fold over and press all around the sides, so they stick together as best as you can. The mixture usually spills out a little & that's ok.) Sprinkle bread crumbs over the tops of each pillow. Bake at 375 for 12-15 min. Watch them and make sure they don't burn! They should brown nicely. Eat up, buttercup!
(it may not seem like it, but these little guys are pretty filling!)

I have also doubled this recipe, by just using two cans of the Pillsbury rolls without doubling the amount of mixture and had a little left over.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I liked them.

Shauna said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, we had it for dinner last night and loved it! A keeper for sure!

Sara and Dustin said...

We loved these. I (surprisingly) used reduced fat crescent rolls and fat free cream cheese and they were still heavenly.

Amanda said...

I have made these before and I like to put steamed broccoli in there too to make the filling go farther. I serve them with mashed potatoes and gravy. super yummy