11.06.2009

Liquid Laundry Detergent

Here is something totally different! This isn't the typical recipe that is shared on this site, but hopefully it can be useful to someone. I had never heard of these ingredients before I made this soap and so I had no idea what I was looking for, I have taken a picture of the ingredients so you won't have the trouble I did. I found everything in the Laundry aisle at my grocery store. I hope the Grenada girls can find what they need as this stuff works WAY better than that awful Breeze detergent. All the ingredients together cost around $5 and will last you for several batches. I have not priced it exactly but I have been told that 1 batch costs less than $1! For my family of 3 and being generous in the amount of soap I use 1 batch lasts me 6 weeks. As you can see in the picture Plastic juice bottles are the perfect storage containers. Can you tell I like it!?

1/3 bar grated Fels Naptha Soap
1/2 cup Washing Soda or sodium carbonate (NOT sodium bicarbonate)
1/2 cup Borax

You will need a small bucket (2 gallon size).
Put grated Fels Naptha into a large sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat, until soap melts. Add Washing Soda & Borax. Stir until dissolved & remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Add soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon (16 cups) plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours. It will gel. Use 1/2 cup per load.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

my mom made some of this for a relief society activity and she let me use some. It really is fantastic. it also works really great for spot treating.
great idea to put it on here!

Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

Very nice website. i like it. It is too good because you shared very great recepies.
Here are also some receipes of Asia's famouse dishes those are spicy and famouse in every cermoney.
Make for your family & Have Fun

Make Biryani Yourself <=> Make Asian's Food