1.31.2010

Grilled wahoo

We used this recipe to cook up the wahoo we had left over from last year's fishing trip. It was so delicious, I would try it on any fish. And I recommend grilling if possible - it really adds flavor.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 fresh garlic cloves
1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning
1 lemon, juice of
6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
lemon wedge (to garnish)

Directions

Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with veggie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes. Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Puree into a smooth sauce. When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.

Notes: I used a tsp of dried parsley instead of fresh and a little less garlic than called for. I used Old Bay seasoning instead of cajun seasoning. I let the fish sit in the marinade before grilling. Careful to not overcook the fish. It doesn't take long.

1 comment:

Zane and Lexi said...

oh my goodness, probably the best fish I've tasted on the island!!! Thanks Julie! oh and boys for catching our dinner :)