5.09.2010

The Best Cornbread

This is another recipe from my new favorite blog, My Kitchen Cafe. It was soooo yummy, the perfect cornbread in my opinion!

½ cup cornmeal

1 ½ cup flour

2/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

1/3 cup oil

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny – don’t be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.

1 comment:

Julie Winckler said...

I made this tonight. C.J. took one bite, his eyes got big, and he said it is the best cornbread I've ever made. I said, "I got the recipe from Kensi." He stood up, walked to the door, opened it and looked outside. Kensi was not there. He yelled anyway, "Thank you, Kensi!" I'm not making that up. And this IS the best cornbread.