2.17.2011

Chicken Mango (x2)

Layer in crock pot:

3-4 frozen chicken breast
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can black beans, drained
1 container 48oz Mango Salsa (with peaches) from Costco

Cook on low 6-7 hours. Remove chicken, shred it with a fork, return to crock pot and cook 30 additional minutes.

Serve with shredded cheese wrapped in flour tortillas. Add a green salad on the side.

Yeild: 10-12 servings


Mango Chicken Variation:

1 container of Mango Salsa
1 cup brown sugar
Chicken Breasts

Follow same cooking instructions as above. Serve over rice...or in tortillas!

I was given these two recipes but I actually did my own variation. I used 1/2 the container of salsa, 1 can of black beans and 1/2 cup brown sugar. It turned out really, really good! It made plenty for us and another family. Let me know what works for you!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Ok, I am actually sitting here eating my left overs from this meal and it is so good still! We loved this! I did Sara's own variation of the two recipes and it turned out great! Piper even liked it!