11.14.2008

Easy Taco Salad

Easy Taco Salad



Ren & I love making this when we don't know what to have for dinner. It is pretty easy and tasty!

Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground beef
1 can of corn
1 can black beans
16 oz. jar of Salsa- (I use the Mild Pace Picante and I use a little more than 3/4.)
Garlic Salt (I just put in however much I want. Not too much though.)
Frito's or Tortilla chips or Scone bread.
- You will also need adequate cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and lettuce to put on top.

Brown ground beef in large saucepan. Season with garlic salt and salt and pepper. Drain then add corn and black beans and salsa. Bring to a good simmer and let sit for about 5 min. We like to eat ours over Frito's, but any of the above things are yummy.
Serve in bowls. Put Fritos in first, then top with meat, then put on the cheese, etc. Enjoy and eat a ton.

(Ok, so yours might not look just like the picture posted, but it will still be really yummy. I just liked that taco salad picture.)

1 comment:

Sara and Dustin said...

Since Casey introduced this recipe to me, it has become one of the staple dinners in our home. It's super easy, fast and delicious. Not only that, it makes a lot of food for leftovers. It's definitely a keeper.