9.01.2008

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken!

Last one for today. Gabe is asleep so this is working out well. This is a good flavorful dinner for Sunday or any day of the week. I am improvising with this one a little here in Grenada. I will let you know how it goes.

Ingredients:
- 2-3 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (or favorite cream soup)
- 1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix ( I usually use the Zesty Italian one, but they don't have the dry packets here so I bought the Kraft Zesty Italian dressing already mixed up. We will see how it goes)
- UPDATE: It went well. I would recommend using half the bottle of the actual Kraft dressing, instead of the whole bottle. It was a tad strong for me, but if you like the flavor stronger, use the whole thing!

Place all ingredients in crock pot and simmer on LOW all day (8-10 hrs.) I have always done it in 4-6 hrs and it still tastes delicious. Shred or chunk chicken about an hour before serving; continue to simmer. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, noodles or French bread. Make a big pot and freeze for several dinners.

4 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Mmmm Mmmm good! We had this tonight (thanks Casey!) and we loved it. I'll definitely make this again!

Denzil and Brittany said...

You can actually find the dry italian salad dressing packets every once in awhile at food fair. This is a yummy meal

Sara and Dustin said...

We had this last night and it was a hit. Even my picky little eater, Anna, reacted with lots of "Oh, yum!" and "hummmm's."

I didn't have the dry italian seasoning so I used 1 cup (8oz) of regular Italian salad dressing. This may sound odd, but try putting in up to 1/2 cup apple juice and 1/3 cup parmesean cheese. Just some fun variations for different flavors.

Kuulei and Nick said...

Nick and I made this last night, it turned out GREAT!. The only thing we did do differently is after it was cooked, I took the chicken out and I blended the sauce to make it really creamy, then shredded the chicken and it made a fantastic pasta dish! Thanks for this wonderful recipe...